Friends, Lovers, Chocolate (Isabel Dalhousie Series #2) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Isabel Dalhousie Series series.
- #1: The Sunday Philosophy Club (Isabel Dalhousie Series #1) (Paperback): $15.95
- #3: The Right Attitude to Rain (Isabel Dalhousie Series #3) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #4: The Careful Use of Compliments (Isabel Dalhousie Series #4) (Paperback): $15.00
- #5: The Comforts of a Muddy Saturday (Isabel Dalhousie Series #5) (Paperback): $15.95
- #6: The Lost Art of Gratitude (Isabel Dalhousie Series #6) (Paperback): $15.95
- #7: The Charming Quirks of Others (Isabel Dalhousie Series #7) (Hardcover): $24.95
- #8: The Forgotten Affairs of Youth (Isabel Dalhousie Series #8) (Paperback): $16.00
- #9: The Uncommon Appeal of Clouds (Isabel Dalhousie Series #9) (Paperback): $14.95
- #10: The Novel Habits of Happiness (Isabel Dalhousie Series #10) (Paperback): $15.00
- #11: A Distant View of Everything: An Isabel Dalhousie Novel (11) (Isabel Dalhousie Series #11) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #12: The Quiet Side of Passion: An Isabel Dalhousie Novel (12) (Isabel Dalhousie Series #12) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #13: The Geometry of Holding Hands: An Isabel Dalhousie Novel (13) (Isabel Dalhousie Series #13) (Large Print / Paperback): $29.00
ISABEL DALHOUSIE - Book 2
Nothing captures the charm of Edinburgh like the bestselling Isabel Dalhousie series of novels featuring the insatiably curious philosopher and woman detective. Whether investigating a case or a problem of philosophy, the indefatigable Isabel Dalhousie, one of fiction’s most richly developed amateur detectives, is always ready to pursue the answers to all of life’s questions, large and small.
When Isabel is asked to cover for vacationing Cat at her delicatessen, Isabel meets a man with a most interesting problem. He recently had a heart transplant and is suddenly haunted by memories of events that never happened to him.The situation piques her insatiable curiosity: Could the memories be connected with the donor’s demise? Naturally, Isabel’s friend Jamie thinks it is none of Isabel’s business. Meanwhile, Grace, Isabel’s housekeeper, has become infatuated with a man at her spiritualist meeting, and Cat brings home an Italian lothario. That makes for some particularly tricky problems–both practical and philosophical–for Isabel to unravel in this enormously engaging and highly unusual mystery.
About the Author
Alexander McCall Smith is the author of the international phenomenon The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series and of The Sunday Philosophy Club series. He was born in what is now known as Zimbabwe and was a law professor at the University of Botswana and at Edinburgh University. He lives in Scotland. In his spare time he is a bassoonist in the RTO (Really Terrible Orchestra).
“A completely absorbing, profound, funny, sad, and moving book that will captivate [and] enthrall.”–Detroit Free Press“Witty, ruminative and wise.” –The Times-Picayune “Enchanting. . . . Delicious mental comfort food. . . . The ‘intimate’ city of Edinburgh is an appealing character in its own right.”–Los Angeles Times“Isabel Dalhousie . . . who made such a smart impression in . . . The Sunday Philosophy Club, returns in Friends, Lovers, Chocolate to further advance the cause of brainy, inquisitive older women who just can’t resist an intellectual puzzle.”–The New York Times Book Review