Outsider: A Novel of Suspense (Kate Burkholder #12) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 12 in the Kate Burkholder series.
- #1: Sworn to Silence: The First Kate Burkholder Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #2: Pray for Silence: A Kate Burkholder Novel (Paperback): $17.99
- #3: Breaking Silence: A Kate Burkholder Novel (Paperback): $17.99
- #4: Gone Missing: A Kate Burkholder Novel (Paperback): $17.99
- #5: Her Last Breath: A Kate Burkholder Novel (Mass Market): $7.99
- #6: The Dead Will Tell: A Kate Burkholder Novel (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #7: After the Storm: A Kate Burkholder Novel (Hardcover): $25.99
- #8: Among the Wicked: A Kate Burkholder Novel (Hardcover): $26.99
- #9: Down a Dark Road: A Kate Burkholder Novel (CD-Audio): $39.99
- #10: A Gathering of Secrets: A Kate Burkholder Novel (Mass Market): $9.99
- #11: Shamed: A Novel of Suspense (Kate Burkholder #11) (Hardcover): $26.99
- #13: Fallen: A Novel of Suspense (Kate Burkholder #13) (Hardcover): $27.99
THE INSTANT NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
Bestselling author Linda Castillo returns with Outsider, an electrifying thriller about a woman on the run hiding among the Amish.
While enjoying a sleigh ride with his children, Amish widower Adam Lengacher discovers a car stuck in a snowdrift and an unconscious woman inside. He calls upon Chief of Police Kate Burkholder for help, and she is surprised to recognize the driver: fellow cop and her former friend, Gina Colorosa.
Years before, Kate and Gina were best friends at the police academy and patrol officers in Columbus, but time and distance have taken them down two very different paths. Now, Gina reveals a shocking story of betrayal and revenge that has forced her to run for her life. She’s desperate for protection, and the only person she can trust is Kate—but can Kate trust her? Or will Gina’s dark past put them all in danger?
As a blizzard bears down on Painters Mill, Kate helps Gina go into hiding on Adam’s farm. While the tough-skinned Gina struggles to adjust to the Amish lifestyle, Kate and state agent John Tomasetti delve into the incident that caused Gina to flee. But as Kate gets closer to the truth, a killer lies in wait. When violence strikes, she must confront a devastating truth that changes everything she thought she knew not only about friendship, but the institution to which she's devoted her life.
About the Author
Linda Castillo is the New York Times bestselling author of the Kate Burkholder novels, including Sworn to Silence which was adapted into a Lifetime Original Movie titled An Amish Murder starring Neve Campbell as Kate Burkholder. Castillo is the recipient of numerous industry awards including a nomination by the International Thriller Writers for Best Hardcover, the Daphne du Maurier Award of Excellence, and a nomination for the RITA. In addition to writing, Castillo’s other passion is horses. She lives in Texas with her husband and is currently at work on her next novel.
Praise for Outsider:
“A pulse-pounding Amish thriller (really!) that’s all too relevant to our time.” —Kirkus Reviews (starred)
“[A] fast-paced, suspense-building ride, showing the character development and sensitivity to the Amish culture that mark Castillo’s masterful crime fiction.” –Booklist (starred)
“Bestseller Castillo’s suspenseful 12th Kate Burkholder mystery…Castillo presents a loving, realistic portrait of Amish life. Readers will hope Kate has a long career.” —Publishers Weekly
Praise for Linda Castillo and the Kate Burkholder novels:
“Electrifying.” —Publishers Weekly
"A captivating story by a gifted storyteller." —The Washington Book Review
"An atmospheric thriller about fear, revenge, and the dark side of Amish life...Linda Castillo is a true master of suspenseful police procedurals." —Bustle
“Exquisitely plotted…a standout in a stellar series.”—Associated Press
“Castillo weaves the particularities of the Amish mindset into a complex mystery that will leave you crying with pity or seething with rage.” —Kirkus Reviews (starred)
“Thrilling . . . Castillo skillfully sets each scene, compelling readers to fear the raging stream, sense the tension in a room.” —Publishers Weekly