Chess Tactics for Champions: A step-by-step guide to using tactics and combinations the Polgar way (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now
Other Books in Series
- #1: Learn Chess the Right Way: Book 1: Must-Know Checkmates (Learn Chess the Right Way! #1) (Paperback): $19.95
- #2: Learn Chess the Right Way: Book 2: Winning Material (Learn Chess the Right Way! #2) (Paperback): $19.95
- #3: Learn Chess the Right Way: Book 3: Mastering Defensive Techniques (Paperback): $19.95
- #4: Learn Chess the Right Way: Book 4: Sacrifice to Win! (Paperback): $19.95
- #5: Learn Chess the Right Way: Book 5: Finding Winning Moves! (Paperback): $19.95
Susan Polgar became the first female Grandmaster at age 15—and it wasn't luck that got her there. Her use of tactics, combinations, and strategy during her games gave her the critical advantage she needed against her opponents. In Chess Tactics for Champions, Polgar gives insight into the kind of thinking that chess champions rely on while playing the game, specifically the ability to recognize patterns and combinations. With coauthor Paul Truong, Susan Polgar teaches the tactics she learned from her father, Laszlo Polgar, one of the world's best chess coaches.
• Teaches players how to calculate the effect of a move in order to gain an edge over an opponent
• For intermediate to advanced chess players of all ages
About the Author
Susan Polgar was a gold medalist at the 2004 Chess Olympiad. She is the current World Champion in Women's Chess and the top ranked female chess player in the United States.
Paul Truong is an eleven-time National Champion and was the captain and business manager of the 2004 U.S. Women's Olympiad Team.