The Quiet Side of Passion: An Isabel Dalhousie Novel (12) (Isabel Dalhousie Series #12) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 12 in the Isabel Dalhousie Series series.
- #1: The Sunday Philosophy Club (Isabel Dalhousie Series #1) (Paperback): $15.95
- #2: Friends, Lovers, Chocolate (Isabel Dalhousie Series #2) (Paperback): $15.00
- #3: The Right Attitude to Rain (Isabel Dalhousie Series #3) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #4: The Careful Use of Compliments (Isabel Dalhousie Series #4) (Paperback): $15.00
- #5: The Comforts of a Muddy Saturday (Isabel Dalhousie Series #5) (Paperback): $15.95
- #6: The Lost Art of Gratitude (Isabel Dalhousie Series #6) (Paperback): $15.95
- #7: The Charming Quirks of Others (Isabel Dalhousie Series #7) (Hardcover): $24.95
- #8: The Forgotten Affairs of Youth (Isabel Dalhousie Series #8) (Paperback): $16.00
- #9: The Uncommon Appeal of Clouds (Isabel Dalhousie Series #9) (Paperback): $14.95
- #10: The Novel Habits of Happiness (Isabel Dalhousie Series #10) (Paperback): $15.00
- #11: A Distant View of Everything: An Isabel Dalhousie Novel (11) (Isabel Dalhousie Series #11) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #13: The Geometry of Holding Hands: An Isabel Dalhousie Novel (13) (Isabel Dalhousie Series #13) (Large Print / Paperback): $29.00
As a full-time mother, wife, and editor, Isabel barely has any time for herself. When her husband, Jamie, suggests acquiring extra help, she reluctantly agrees and soon hires a new au pair, and an intelligent assistant editor. Both women, though, have romantic entanglements that threaten to interfere with their work, and Isabel must decide how best to navigate this tricky domestic situation.
Meanwhile, Isabel makes the acquaintance of the single mother of one Charlie’s friends, who is raising her son without the help of his father, a well-known Edinburgh organist. When Isabel sees her in the company of an unscrupulous man, she must once again call on her kindness and keen intelligence to determine the right course of action, at home, at work, and in the schoolyard.
About the Author
ALEXANDER McCALL SMITH is the author of the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency novels and a number of other series and stand-alone books. His works have been translated into more than forty languages and have been best sellers throughout the world. He lives in Scotland.
Praise for The Isabel Dalhousie Series
“Isabel Dalhousie is one of the most irresistible sleuths in modern fiction.” —Tucson Citizen
“McCall Smith’s heroes are among the most enduring in contemporary fiction . . . because they’re so humble in their quest for goodness.” —Richmond Times-Dispatch
“Readers get to soak up the cozy atmosphere of this Scottish university town and McCall Smith’s gentle good will.” —The Boston Globe
“[Isabel] is by turns fearless, vulnerable, headstrong, and insecure, but always delightful.” —Chicago Tribune
“Genteel wisdom-filled entertainment.” —Los Angeles Times
“Lighthearted . . . spiced by McCall Smith’s own subtle humor.” —The Washington Times