Clammed Up (A Maine Clambake Mystery #1) (Mass Market)
On Our Shelves Now
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the A Maine Clambake Mystery series.
- #2: Boiled Over (A Maine Clambake Mystery #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Musseled Out (A Maine Clambake Mystery #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: Fogged Inn (A Maine Clambake Mystery #4) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: Iced Under (A Maine Clambake Mystery #5) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #6: Stowed Away (A Maine Clambake Mystery #6) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #7: Steamed Open (A Maine Clambake Mystery #7) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #8: Sealed Off (A Maine Clambake Mystery #8) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: Shucked Apart (A Maine Clambake Mystery #9) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #10: Muddled Through (A Maine Clambake Mystery #10) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #11: Hidden Beneath (A Maine Clambake Mystery #11) (Mass Market): $8.99
Summer has come to Busman's Harbor, Maine, and tourists are lining up for a taste of authentic New England seafood, courtesy of the Snowden Family Clambake Company. But there's something sinister on the boil this season. A killer has crashed a wedding party, adding mystery to the menu at the worst possible moment. . .
Julia Snowden returned to her hometown to rescue her family's struggling clambake business--not to solve crimes. But that was before a catered wedding on picturesque Morrow Island turned into a reception for murder. When the best man's corpse is found hanging from the grand staircase in the Snowden family mansion, Julia must put the chowder pot on the back burner and join the search for the killer. And with suspicion falling on her old crush, Chris Durand, the recipe for saving her business and salvaging her love life might be one and the same. . .
Includes Traditional Maine Clambake Recipes!
"A tasty whodunnit with a real Maine twist." --Sarah Graves, author of A Bat in the Belfry
More Advance Praise For Clammed Up!
"If you like seafood and salty air, you'll love Clammed Up. A tasty tale that will have readers clamoring for second helpings." --Leslie Meier, author of Easter Bunny Murder
"Take lobster, clams, and an ear of corn. Add one murder. Fold in a complex heroine, an assortment of colorful suspects, and a plot with lots of twists and turns. Heat up on an island off the coast of Maine. The result? Clammed Up contains just the right amounts of all the best ingredients to provide mystery readers with a tasty treat." --Kaitlyn Dunnett, author of Vampires, Bones, and Treacle Scones
About the Author
Barbara Ross is the author of the Maine Clambake Mysteries. The first book in the series, Clammed Up, was nominated for an Agatha Award for Best Contemporary Novel, the RT Book Reviews, Reviewer's Choice Best Book Award for Amateur Sleuth and was a finalist for the Maine Literary Award for Crime Fiction. She is co-editor/co-publisher of Level Best Books, which produces anthologies of crime stories by New England authors. She writes at her home overlooking the harbor in Boothbay Harbor, Maine.